RAPT Temperature Controlled Fermentation Chamber
This fermentation chamber has been designed to heat and cool your entire fermenter. This is the ideal scenario as the whole fermentation vessel is placed in a temperature controlled environment which gives you the most even temperature and most precise control of your fermenter.
Many home made products can greatly be improved with perfect temperature control. The RAPT Temperature Controlled Fermentation Chamber gives you an electrically efficient means of setting, monitoring and controlling temperature which is perfect for Beer Making, Wine Making, Salami Making, leavening bread, fermenting yogurt, kombucha, germinating seeds, growing sprouts, kimchi, sauerkraut, olives, cheese, making spirit washes. Accurate temperature control is the key to getting reliable and repeatable results.
From -2°C up to 50°C all at the touch of your fingertips!
The control panel comes complete with an integrated colour TFT screen, the integrated secondary regulator that can be used to regulate gas into the chamber with our Inline Regulator with an integrated gauge or alternatively this can be switched over to the Gauge integrated BlowTie unit to regulate residual pressure in your fermenter. The 4 button colour display conveniently shows a log of historic temperature graphs, allows you to start, set/stop temperature profiles and gives you access to other critical information for that particular fermentation.
For more accurate readings of the core temperature of your fermenter. We highly recommend using a thermowell like our 60cm duotight thermowell with the 2m probe extension for the RAPT Fermentation Chamber.
Perfect as a Kegerator too!
This multi purpose chamber can also be used as a kegerator. In particularly cold climates where the ambient temp is below zero, this chamber can warm your kegs and prevent them from freezing. This chamber also has a higher keg storage capacity than a conventional kegerator that takes up the same footprint. This unit can hold 4 x 19L kegs on the floor and has enough headroom that you can also fit another layer of 9.5L half size kegs above this. To fit beer taps, you can drill your own holes through the door.
Convert to Display Chamber
This Chamber comes with brushed stainless steel PU foam-filled door. If you want to upgrade to a glass door the double glazed glass door can be purchased separately and switched over - coming soon.
What is RAPT?
RAPT is a dedicated Internet of Things (IOT) Hub for fermentation logging and control. It's a free service whereby any RAPT enabled product can both log and store data to the hub where you can conveniently access this data. The RAPT hub can also allow you to control your devices remotely giving you absolute control of the device irrespective of where you are. The RAPT portal enables you to make complex temperature profiles that involved different temperature settings over time meaning you can start/run a temp profile giving you a set and forget experience. The RAPT portal also controls the alert/notification process for you so you can receive email notifications in the off instance that something doesn't go to plan.
Integrated Heating: 50watt Heating Power
Cooling Capacity: 300watt Cooling Power
Max Power Consumption: 225 Watts
Connectivity: Wifi (802.11) and Bluetooth
Temperature accuracy: +/- 0.1C
Temp Resolution: 0.1C
Integrated Screen: 2.8inch (diagonal) 320 x 240 Colour LCD TFT Active Matrix
To see the dimensioned drawings on this part click here.
Why buy an insulated fermentation chamber over a glycol chiller?
Typically in the past, some customers have needed to resort to glycol chillers to chill fermenters but this represents several issues:
- Glycol chillers often require a very cold liquid to enter into a fermenter causing an excessively cold part in the fermenter core.
- Glycol chillers consume significant amounts of power and in most instances more than double what this chamber would consume.
- Glycol chillers often result in spilling sticky glycol especially when hoses are connected and disconnected to the fermenter.
- Glycol chillers generally require penetrations through the walls/lid of the fermenter making the fermenter less sanitary and requiring more cleaning. "who needs that!"
- Often fermenters are not made with sufficient insulation. So when using a glycol chiller much of the chilling is lost which is not only power inefficient but the customer ends up with a large temperature gradient. This temperature gradient can result in convection currents in the fermenter that make it difficult for yeast and other solids to settle out of suspension. So clarification of the beer takes significantly longer.
- Many glycol chillers and fermenter combinations do not have sufficient power or are not well enough insulated to cool to sub-zero temperatures. So crash chilling is not possible. This is a significant compromise to a temperature-controlled solution and also results in less ability to clarify the finished beer.
For these reasons KegLand has developed the worlds first dedicated RAPT enabled fermentation chamber that can cool down to -2C and heat up to 50C even in hot and cold weather.
The Google Play Android App can be downloaded via the link below.
"This app is a web mobile wrapper that allows you to browse the RAPT portal/website so that the website renders into a mobile device screen increasing usability on your device. It also gives you the added functionality of push notifications to your mobile device."