* Introductory Price Offer *
Bluestone Liquid Yeast - New England
Juicy. Fruity. New England is an amazing strain for East Coast IPAs. The ester profile of New England brings out the aromas and flavours of the modern hop varieties and creates a beer that is greater than the sum of its parts. This dynamic strain likes to move to the top of fermentation and will climb out the fermenter if too full.
Suggested beer styles: New England IPA, Hazy IPA, Hazy Pale Ale, Ordinary Bitter, Best Bitter, Strong Bitter, English IPA, London Brown Ale, Dark Mild, Sweet Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Old Ale, English Barleywine, American Amber Ale, Scottish Light, Scottish Heavy, Scottish Export
Similar to: WY1318, A38 Juice OYL-016
- Growth Temp. Range: 18-23ºC
- Flocculation: Medium
- Attenuation: 72-76%
- Alcohol Tolerance: 10%
- Sta1: Negative
- Size: 120ml
- Pitch Size: Inoculates 20L, up to 1.060 OG of wort
These Bluestone yeast packs have about twice as much yeast as White Labs or Wyeast packs. Therefore just one pack of Bluestone is usually enough for a 23L batch - no need to pitch multiple packs or make a starter!
Why Bluestone Liquid Yeast:
- Pure Culture - Bluestone ensure a pure culture with liquid yeast due to their proprietary propagation technique. Dried yeast, however, invariably has some degree of contamination due to the very nature of the drying process. Therefore, it is not recommended to re-pitch dried yeast.
- Greater Flavour Profile Range - Liquid yeast offers a greater flavour profile range compared to traditional dried yeast. Liquid Yeast also produces lower fusel alcohols, lower levels of acetaldehyde (which produce the off flavours) and superior, enhanced Esters (which produce crisper, fruitier notes) compared to dry yeast. The science speaks for itself.
- Multiple Generations - Pitch & Re-Pitch - Make your hard-earned $$ go further. With good yeast management, liquid yeast can be re-pitched between 5-10 generations with no noticeable loss of flavour quality or yeast health.
Price is per pack and includes an ice pack for shipping at no additional cost to keep your yeast cool during transit. Refrigerate as soon as you receive your order.
From: Bluestone Yeast Co., Australia