This kit is designed to include all the necessary components to use the recirculation bulkhead included with the InfuSsion Mash Tun for vorlauf and mash recirculation processes. This works with both the Tri-Clamp and original Mash Tun where there is a recirculation bulkhead included.
To install the kit on a standard mash tun begin by installing the included 1/2" FPT x 1/2" Barb on the exterior of your mash tun's recirculation bulkhead. Be sure to use teflon tape for a liquid-tight seal. If using the supplied kit on a tri-clamp mash tun, begin installation with included 3/4" TC to 1/2" 90 Barb, 3/4" TC gasket and clamp.
Next, locate the 3/8" knurled locknut, 3/8" silicone tubing, and recirculation manifold. Trim the tubing to your desired length, and then use the hose clamps to secure the two ends of the tubing to the manifold and locknut.
As a best practice, begin the mash recirculation for the first 5-10 mins using the vorlauf attachment to clear any small grain particulate and to set the mash bed, then swap the vorlauf attachment for the recirculation manifold for the remainder of the mash rest. Please keep in mind this kit is designed to use with a wort pump and an external heat source, such as a RIMS tube to maintain mash temps, which is not supplied.
The kit includes:
- Recirculation Manifold
- Vorlauf Attachment
- 3/8" Barb to 1/2" FPT Knurled Locknut
- (2) 3/8" Stainless Hose Clamps
- 1 Foot of 3/8" ID Silicone Tubing
- 1/2" FPT to 1/2" Hose Barb or 3/4" tri-clamp barb with gasket and clamp
- 3/4" TC to 1/2" 90 Barb ( for use with Tri-Clamp Mash Tun )
- 3/4" Tri-Clamp Clamp ( for use with Tri-Clamp Mash Tun )
- 3/4" Tri-Clamp Gasket ( for use with Tri-Clamp Mash Tun )
From: Ss Brewtech