The Hanna Instruments Digital Refractometer - designed for wort sugar analysis.
Hanna Instruments HI96841 Digital Refractometer combines form and function into one compact unit. Featuring a 1.5 second response time, the HI96841 measures the refractive index of wort and converts it to °Plato with temperature compensation. The improved easy-to-read LCD screen displays temperature units (°C or °F) and measurements simultaneously.
The HI96841’s IP65 water-resistant casing and sealed sample well are built to perform under harsh conditions, making it suitable for use in any brewery. The °Plato scale is a way to quantify the concentration of sugars and dissolved solids in wort. This measurement can indicate the potential alcohol content of finished beer. The HI96841 converts the refractive index reading to °Plato based on the tables maintained by the International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA) and the American Society of Brewing Chemists (ASBC).
- One-point calibration
- Small sample size - as small as two metric drops (0.1 ml)
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Quick, accurate results - readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds
- Dual-level LCD - displays measurement and temperature readings simultaneously
- Stainless steel sample well that's easy to clean and is corrosion-resistant
- Battery indicators
- Automatic shut-off
- P65 water resistant protection - the ABS plastic casing is designed to perform under laboratory and field conditions
Range: 0 to 30 °Plato with ± 0.2 °Plato
Temperature Range: 0 to 80°C
From: Hanna Instruments