LalBrew New England is an ale strain selected specifically for its ability to produce a unique fruit forward ester profile desired in East Coast styles of beer. A typical fermentation with this strain will produce tropical and fruity esters, notably stone fruits like peach. Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, LalBrew New England can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavour and aroma. It exhibits medium to high attenuation with medium flocculation, making it a perfect choice for East Coast style ales.
In Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C LalBrew New England yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is a normal and perfectly natural characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to high attenuation and Medium flocculation.
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavour and aroma.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew New England yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C to 22°C.
- Lag phase can be longer when compared with other strains, ranging from 24-36 hours.
Available in 11g sachets.
Note: currently on special because this batch has a best before date of the end of February.