KoppaFloc is a commercial grade wort fining agent that helps to improve the clarity of the wort and resulting beer. It serves a similar purpose to WhirlFloc and Irish Moss, and is made from a selected class of seaweed.
- Improves clarity of wort and beer.
- Increases wort recovery.
- Improves beer stability by removal of haze forming proteins and beta-glucans.
- Shortens fermentation time.
- Improves trub separation.
- Helps to precipitate copper and iron from solution.
About 1 gram of KoppaFloc granules is all that is required per 23 litre brew. Add to the kettle about 10mins before the end of the boil.